Index of Trimboli.name
Hi there! I’m David Trimboli. Here is everything you’ll find on my
- Dungeons & Dragons
- Fantasy Wargaming
Continuum: Roleplaying in
The Yet is Aetherco’s game
of time-traveling society. You play a spanner, with the power to travel in
time and space at will. You must protect your personal timeline from
narcissists, other spanners who want to change history, or else you’ll be
fragged out of existence!
- “Identity Is All”
- An introductory scenario for novice spanners. When a stranger
appears at the corner, with no memory of who he is and with only the
corner’s address on a slip of paper, the spanners must figure out what
to do with him.
- “Rogues and Politicians”
- A scenario for novice spanners. A mad narcissist wants to kill a
baby and stop World War III from ever happening.
- Types of Continuum scenarios
- A brief survey of possible types of adventures that spanners can go
on. They can do more than just fight narcissists!
Dungeons & Dragons
I am an adherent of the older editions of the game.
- Method IV ability score generator
- Method IV in the Dungeon Masters Guide for generating ability
scores requires that you roll up twelve characters and choose the best
one. That takes a long time! This spreadsheet, compatible with both
Microsoft Excel and OpenOffice.org, generates these characters for you,
and tells you what class and race combinations you may choose from, and
what your level limits will be.
Fantasy Wargaming by Bruce Galloway has a reputation for being
so hideously complex that it’s unplayable. I don’t agree. The layout of
the book is not good for explaining a role-playing game, but the rules
themselves are not more difficult than many other—popular—games.
In these pages I examine the text of the game and explain how it works.
You must have a copy of Fantasy Wargaming to follow this
discussion; my goal is to explain, not reproduce the rules.
Note that I have never actually played Fantasy Wargaming, but I
would welcome any opportunity to do so. The texts on this site represent
an analysis of the book, not a determination as to whether the game is fun
- Character Generation
- Making a character requires actually reading the whole book. Once
you’ve done that, this page will explain the character-creation process
in a step-by-step manner.
- General Adventuring
- Now that you have a character, here’s how you go on adventures.
- Personal Combat
- Rearranging the personal combat rules to make them a little easier
- Missing Weapons
- A spreadsheet of the missing portion of the Weapons Table in the
large-size editions of Fantasy Wargaming.
The Generic Universal Role-Playing System. GURPS lets you
role-play in any setting you can imagine.
- Time Corps Field Agent template
- The “Time Corps” setting in GURPS
Infinite Worlds is an
almost word-for-word copy from the earlier edition in GURPS Time
Travel. It lacks any templates to use for Time Corps agents.
This is my version of such a template. I have also created a template for GURPS
- Tales of the Solar Patrol templates
and equipment for GURPS Character Assistant
- A data file for GURPS
Character Assistant to add templates and equipment from GURPS
Tales of the Solar Patrol.
- Various spaceships for GURPS Tales of the Solar Patrol
- Alien Generation
- A worksheet for generating aliens using the system found in
Space, analogous to the Planetary
Record and Worksheet used to create worlds and star
Known in Klingon as tlhIngan Hol, this is a
complete constructed language. Find more information at the Klingon Language Institute.
- A Klingon mode for Tengwar
- Those familiar with the works of J.R.R. Tolkien, author of The
Lord of the Rings, will recognize the writing system of the Elves.
Tengwar is adaptable to any language, and I have created a possible mode
for writing Klingon. It’s more writable than the KLI’s pIqaD (though it doesn’t look very Klingon).
- may'vaD ghuHmoH
- A poetic Klingon call to arms, originally read at qep'a'
New encounters and foes to use in Atlas Games’ competitive
role-playing game of hacking, slashing, and bloody Viking goodness.
- “That Ol’ Goblin Magic”
- The heroes make their way through a remote goblin outpost, and must
defeat a goblin shaman.
- “Labyrinth of the Beast”
- The heroes fall into an ancient dwarven maze designed to study the
behavior of men. They must find the way out, overcoming creatures and
tests. The exit is guarded by a fearsome beast.
- Fire Wyrms
- A new Rune foe. Fire Wyrms are fire-breathing dragons. Though
customized foes can’t be given special abilities like breathing fire,
you can treat the unusual ability as a trap.
- About David Trimboli
- A little bit about who I am and what’s on this site.
- How to calculate the stardate
- How to calculate the stardate as it’s done on Star Trek, more
- Day of the week calculator
- Use this program to quickly determine
the day of the week for any year in the Gregorian or Julian
calendars. Why would you want to do that? That’s up to you.
Last updated March 23, 2013